What is Novice Nationals?
Novice Nationals is designed to be a low-key, educational, yet competitive atmosphere. Students who have competed at Novice Nationals have done very well at the national level, placing in elimination rounds at NFA, AFA, and NPDA.
Novice Nationals is open to students in their first year of intercollegiate forensics competition. We use the AFA guidelines for individual events (3 tournaments = 1 semester of eligibility). There is no qualification procedure. If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact Dr. Michael Dreher, the tournament director.
Information about and invitation for the 2014 national tournament
- The 2014 tournament will be held at Northern Illinois University, March 14-16, 2014. The invitation is now available.
- We encourage schools to make their hotel reservations early, since there are other events in DeKalb that weekend.
- Registration will be on the Joy of Tournaments website.
2013 National Champions
Congratulations to the 2013 national champions from the 31st Novice Nationals:
- Miami University, sweepstakes champions
- Jacob Simon, University of Lousiana-Lafayette, pentathalon champion
- Sarah Greifenkamp & Michelle Johnston, Miami University, parliamentary debate champions
- Anik Chaudhry, Miami University, NFA-LD Champion
- Berry College, RT champion
- Hosts needed for 2015 and following. Contact mdreher at bethel.edu if you are interested in hosting Novice Nationals.